Do you sometimes struggle to fit in a workout? Can’t bear the thought of slogging it out for hours and hours in the gym? You don’t have to!
Try this 30 minute workout…
Get a full-body fitness blast on the rowing machine.
It will work nearly all the muscles from your shoulders to your calves and you’ll burn up to twice as many calories as you would on a treadmill.
Here's how to structure your workout:
- Set the resistance between three and five to warm up for three minutes at around 16-18 strokes per minute.
- From minutes three to nine, gradually increase your pace until you’re doing 26 strokes per minute.
- After 10 minutes, stand up and stretch for five minutes to keep your hamstrings, quads and glutes loose.
- From 15 to 20 minutes, work your pace from 20-26 strokes per minute.
- To cool down, wind your pace back to 16-18 strokes per minute for the next five minutes.
- To finish off, stand up and stretch to make sure your legs and lower back feel loose.
Rowing is the perfect combo of strength and cardio, and you'll get the gains of an hour's workout, in just 30 minutes.