Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these healthy chocolate treats!
With Bounty and Cherry Ripe inspired fillings to choose from, your taste buds and your waistband will be thanking you!
- 1 cup finely chopped cacao butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- Chocolate mould or rubber ice cube tray
The healthy 'Bounty' filling
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
In a food processor, blend all ingredients together until they form a chunky paste (you don't want the mixture to be completely smooth!).
The healthy 'Cherry Ripe' filling
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1 tsp honey (if required)
In a food processor, blend dates with half of the desiccated coconut until the mixture forms a thick paste. Add goji berries and remaining coconut and blend again for a few minutes until combined but chunky. Taste to see if it needs extra sweetness. If it does, add the honey.
How to make
- Melt the cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of slowly simmering water. When almost completely melted, turn off the heat. Allow to cool for a few minutes and stir in cacao powder and honey.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a layer of chocolate mixture into the mould so that the base is completely covered. Pop it into the fridge to set while you make your choice of filling.
- When chocolate has set, fill each individual mould with 1/2 teaspoon of filling. Using your fingers, press filling gently into the mould.
- Brush the remaining chocolate into each mould to fill and then pop back in the fridge to set. Once set, remove chocolates from the mould.
Recipe courtesy of Lorna Jane.