- The award period covers sporting performances between October 2018 and September 2019*.
- Where a person already holding a Half Blue in a particular sport from a previous year meets the criteria for the award of a Blue in that sport, that person is eligible to be nominated for a Blue for the current year.
- A person may not receive a ‘re-award’ of a Blue or Half Blue (i.e. an award of the same level in the same sport).
- A Blue recipient in a particular sport may not be awarded a Half Blue in the same sport in subsequent years.
- Nominees are eligible to receive a Half Blue or Blue in more than one sport.
- The nominee must be either a currently enrolled student of The University of Queensland, or a recent graduate of the University, having graduated within the past 12 months.
- If still a student, where possible, the nominee should have represented The University of Queensland at a UniSport Nationals event, or other Australian University Championships in that year.
- The nominee should have competed for the UQ Sport-affiliated Club in their chosen sport, noting that applicants from sports where a University Club does not exist will also be considered.
- Where applicable, the nominee must demonstrate a high level of commitment to their Club.
- The nominee must have displayed good sportsmanship and not acted in any way that may be considered to be detrimental to the welfare of the Club, or prejudicial to the dignity and honour of UQ Sport or The University of Queensland.
The Blues Awards are determined at the absolute discretion of an independent Blues Advisory Committee.
* Please note, UniSport Nationals Div 1 results will be included within this year’s award period. Applicants should still submit their nomination by the due date. UQ Sport will then monitor Nationals Div 1 results and liaise with the nominee to make additions to their nomination form before submitting to the Blues Advisory Committee.
Submitting the Nomination
- Please ensure you have completed the application in full.
- When considering Award nominations, the Blues Advisory Committee may require additional information to accurately judge your sporting achievements. In some cases, reliable event data may not be forthcoming. When listing your sporting achievements, please provide as much detail as possible, and always note the official names of events and applicable teams – shortened or informal references are not acceptable. Please see the examples below:
Correct Event Information: 2019 Queensland State Championship Regatta
Incorrect Event Information: 2019 Qld Rowing Titles
Correct Team Information: Australian Men’s Under 21 Touch Team
Incorrect Team Information: Australian Touch Team
Correct Achievement Listing: Silver Medal / 12 teams competed
Incorrect Achievement Listing: Silver Medal
- For promotional purposes, please include a high-resolution photograph (portrait or action shot) with your application.
- Nominations close at 5pm on Thursday 26 September 2019. Late or incomplete applications may not be accepted.
- Award nominees and nominators will be contacted via email following the Awards Selection Meeting. Should you wish to appeal the result, you will have seven (7) days to submit any supplementary documentation.