Casual Learn to Swim Instructor
• Join our friendly and qualified Learn to Swim team
• Work in a fun team sport environment
• Casual hours
• Based at UQ’s Aquatic Centre, St Lucia
• Access UQ Sport venues for free!
At UQ Sport, we are firm believers that work should not be dull and boring. Our team is passionate about creating an awesome culture that promotes work-life balance, health and wellbeing, and most importantly, fun!
We are proud to work at UQ Sport, and it shows in the exceptional work we do! Our not-for-profit organisation delivers almost 400 diverse programs to University of Queensland students, staff and alumni, as well as the general public, across UQ’s St Lucia and Gatton campuses.
We are regarded as one of Australia’s leading employers – Human Resources Director (HRD) Magazine awarded us a Bronze Medal in its 2016 ‘Employer of Choice’ Survey – and with good reason.
We offer flexible working conditions, extensive learning opportunities and a wide range of staff benefits (ones that will make your friends jealous) to our squad of more than 200 staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a rewarding and fun opportunity for anyone dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and passionate about helping children improve their swimming skills.
As a Learn to Swim Instructor, you will plan and deliver swimming lessons that bring out the best in children participating in the program.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
• Prior experience in a similar role delivering Learn to Swim lessons to children
• AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certificate or equivalent
• CPR certificate
• Paid Blue Card
• You will need to have a safety-conscious mindset, be a team player, and have a genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer service
WHAT WE OFFER
• A friendly work environment
• FREE access to UQ Sport venues
• FREE entry to group fitness programs
• Discount on a range of UQ Sport offerings
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted through Seek. The closing date for this recruitment activity is Monday, 21 September 2020. Early applications are recommended, as shortlisted candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing date.
For further information about this role or the recruitment process, please contact Caitlin Henderson on 07 3346 3275.