- UQ St Lucia Aquatic Centre– Work with a fantastic team and enjoyable work environment
- Show your passion for lifeguarding and saving lives
- Access UQ Sport venues for free (T&Cs apply)
- Full time (35 hours per week) or part time
At UQ Sport, we are firm believers that work should not be dull and boring. Our team is passionate about creating an awesome culture that promotes work-life balance, health and wellbeing, and most importantly, fun!
We are proud to work at UQ Sport, and it shows in the exceptional work we do. Our not-for-profit organisation delivers almost 400 diverse programs to University of Queensland students, staff and alumni, as well as the general public, across UQ’s St Lucia and Gatton campuses.
We are regarded as one of Australia’s leading employers – Human Resources Director (HRD) Magazine awarded us a Bronze Medal in its 2016 ‘Employer of Choice’ Survey – and with good reason!
We offer flexible working conditions, extensive learning opportunities and a wide range of staff benefits (ones that will make your friends jealous) to our squad of more than 200 staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Aquatic Centre is expanding its crew of lifeguards. This role supervises all users of the Aquatic Centre ensuring high standards for safety and presentation. As a Lifeguard, you will have the responsibility to effectively and promptly respond to emergency situations. This position will also conduct rostered pool and water quality tests to ensure full compliance with health and safety standards and/or regulations.
The successful candidate will need to have a high work ethic, commitment to professional presentation and the ability to maintain an appropriate level of fitness throughout employment. You will be qualified in lifeguarding ensuring up-to-date knowledge, competence and ability in lifesaving. Previous experience as a Lifeguard is desirable.
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Blue Card
- First Aid Certificate
Desirable qualification: Advanced Resuscitation
WHAT WE OFFER
- A friendly work environment that produces amazing teamwork
- FREE access to all UQ Sport venues
- FREE entry to group fitness program
- Income protection
- 35 hour working week for full time staff
- Discount on a range of UQ Sport offerings
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be accepted through Seek. Closing date for applications is Friday, 29 January 2021. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interviews prior to the closing date.
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter (max. 1 page) addressing the essential requirements of this position.