- Casual position based at UQ St Lucia campus
- Up to 25 hours available
- Build your coaching reputation by delivering Junior and Adult Programs in our world-class tennis court complex
- Private and/or Group sessions
- Free access to all UQ Sport venues!
At UQ Sport, we are firm believers that work should not be dull and boring! Our team is passionate about creating an awesome culture that promotes work-life balance, health and wellbeing, and most importantly, fun!
We are proud to work at UQ Sport, and it shows in the exceptional work we do! Our not-for-profit organisation delivers almost 400 diverse programs to University of Queensland students, staff and alumni, as well as the general public, across UQ’s St Lucia and Gatton campuses.
We are regarded as one of Australia’s leading employers – Human Resources Director (HRD) Magazine awarded us a Bronze Medal in its 2016 ‘Employer of Choice’ Survey – and with good reason.
We offer flexible working conditions, extensive learning opportunities and a wide range of staff benefits (ones that will make your friends jealous) to our squad of more than 200 staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
UQ Sport is looking for enthusiastic and qualified Tennis Coaches to join our friendly team at the Tennis Centre based at the University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus. In this role, you will provide a consistent and high level delivery of coaching across the range of programs and sessions we have available.
As a Tennis Coach, you will see yourself delivering fun and interactive coaching sessions (private and group) to players of all ages and abilities, kids through to adults.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Minimum Community Coaching qualification
- Familiarity with the different ‘colour’ stages within Tennis Australia’s Hot Shots Program.
- Experience in Cardio Tennis is a plus
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid Blue Card
You will need to be confident, reliable and enthusiastic with all-star communication skills. Your exceptional sportsmanship and ability to build relationships with UQ Sport clients will help you expand your portfolio and work hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A friendly work environment that produces amazing teamwork
- FREE access to all UQ Sport venues
- FREE entry to group fitness programs
- Discount on a range of UQ Sport offerings
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role please submit your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Rob Pentecost, Program Manager – Tennis on (07) 3346 9962.