This course has been designed to provide experienced coaches with the fundamental principles and scientific knowledge underlying sports performance.
Participants have the option of enrolling in the whole course at once, or opting to enrol module-by-module. The module option is suitable for coaches whose National Sporting Organisation (NSO) requires them to only complete particular modules as part of their coaching accreditation.
The course curriculum includes:
- Module 1 – The Essence of Coaching
- Module 2 – Program Management
- Module 3 – Planning
- Module 4 – Sports Safety
- Module 5 – Coaching Processes
- Module 6 – Inclusive Coaching
- Module 7 – Skill Acquisition
- Module 8 – Introduction to Physiology
- Module 9 – Basic Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Module 10 – Development and Maturation
- Module 11 – Nutrition for Sport
- Module 12 – Sport Psychology
- Module 13 – Anti-doping in Sport
Completion of Intermediate Coaching General Principles alone does not grant individuals Level 2 NCAS accreditation. Each NSO determines the requirements for their sport to gain accreditation, and this course may complement the NSO accreditation requirements.
|Intermediate Coaching General Principles||UQ Student||UQ Comm||Public|
|Module by Module||N/A||$16.00||$20.00|