ABOUT THE COMPANY
UQ Sport is an independent, not-for-profit organisation located at the University of Queensland responsible for the promotion of sport, physical recreation and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle within the university and broader communities. We deliver over 300 diverse programs to students, staff and alumni of the University and general public. We employ over 70 permanent staff and over 230 casuals throughout St Lucia and Gatton campuses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
UQ Sport is seeking motivated and enthusiastic volunteer ambassadors to join our energetic and fun team! This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to gain experience in the sport, recreation and events industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Reporting to the Student Engagement Manager, UQ Sport Ambassadors are responsible for assisting in the delivery of programs and activities to inspire current and prospective UQ students, and the wider UQ community to actively engage and participate in campus life; and ongoing promotion of UQ Sport programs and services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’re self-motivated, energetic and personable with exceptional communication and customer service skills.
If successful, you will represent UQ Sport at events. Ambassadors may work alongside other UQ Sport staff and volunteers and in this role, your duties may include:
• Promoting UQ Sport programs and facilities to prospective and current UQ students, staff and the wider UQ Community;
• Assisting UQ Sport staff at events (operational and/or administrative tasks);
• Taking part in fun outdoor activities and encouraging UQ students to participate.
CULTURE & BENEFITS
• Fun and energetic environment
• Passionate staff focused on sport, health and wellbeing in the community
• Real world sport, recreation and events experience
• Enhance customer service and public speaking skills
• Enhance networking and interpersonal skills
• Reference from UQ Sport that may improve employability
• Uniform provided
• FREE UQ Sport Gold Membership*
• Most importantly, you’ll be inspiring a whole new generation of UQ students and staff to get involved in sport and recreation at university.
*UQ Sport Gold Membership will be valid from 01 March – 30 November 2017 subject to Ambassador meeting requirements below. Inability to fulfil requirements may result in termination of membership at discretion of UQ Sport.
Ambassadors are asked to commit to a minimum of thirty (30) hours throughout the year. As part of this commitment, all Ambassadors are required to attend the events listed in bold below. Other Ambassador opportunities are also listed below, and other opportunities come up throughout the year.
It is requested that you do not apply if you cannot meet the minimum requirements. Click here to view minimum requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the UQ Sport Ambassador Application Form by clicking Apply Now below and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 February. Applicants may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview. Applications received outside these timeframes may still be considered.
For further information please contact Adin Hewat, Student Engagement Manager on 07 3365 8323.