We’re always working to make your sporting experience a great one at UQ Sport, so stay up to date with the latest details and developments to our facilities below.
Here, we’ll keep you informed on what’s happening now and in the future – whether it’s a new facility or an upgrade to those we know and love.
The University of Queensland,
St Lucia, Qld 4067
UQ Health and Recreation Centre Program
The new precinct – to be located on Blair Drive, adjacent to the UQ Sport Tennis and Aquatic Centres – will house a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre, as well as a GP practice and a student-led sports and musculoskeletal clinic, all in one convenient and vibrant location.
Featuring a variety of interchangeable spaces catering for an array of health and wellbeing activities, the new three-level Fitness Centre will be 1,500m² larger than the existing UQ Sport Fitness Centre.
This significant increase in capacity and contemporary design will support a more adaptable and flexible approach to delivering an optimal customer experience, including new and emerging programs and trends.
Key spaces in the new facility include:
- Gym: a 1,590m² single-level cardio and weights gym, with functionality to create free-flowing or segmented workout areas.
- Group Fitness: more than double the size of UQ Sport’s existing Fitness Studio, the sprawling 596m² space will feature customisable walls to allow for natural light and ventilation.
- Holistic Health & Wellness: a 200m² workout area on the top-floor with expansive views across the St Lucia campus and precinct will stage Group Fitness classes, such as Pilates and Yoga.
- Sports Hall: twice the size of UQ Sport’s current Sports Hall, the 2,079m² space includes two full-sized playing courts, with optimal viewing areas for spectators.
- Martial Arts Gym: a 302m² space equipped with competition-sized matting, the new Martial Arts Gym will be equipped to accommodate enthusiast, club and international-level competitors.
As part of the project, new toilet, changing room and function space amenities will also be built to cater to UQ Sport Tennis Centre, UQ Tennis Club and Saint Lucy’s Café patrons.
During construction, the existing UQ Sport Fitness Centre will operate as usual. The new facility is set for completion in 2022.
To keep up to date with development details, please visit this page, or email email@example.com.