This is one for the chocolate lovers…
These decadent chocolate truffles are delicious, healthy and so easy to make!
Who needs a box of Ferrero Rocher’s when you can have one of these?
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus 1/3 cup extra for rolling
- 1/3 coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to stand for one hour to soften. Drain and discard seeds.
- Place the dates, almond meal, shredded coconut, coconut oil, cacao powder and chia in a food processor. Process until the mixture comes together (like a dough).
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and leave to stand for 20 minutes so that the chia seeds soften.
- Place the remaining coconut in a shallow dish.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll in coconut to coat.