EXERCISE MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!
Not just physically, but mentally too.
So if you’re feeling a bit stressed at the moment, here’s 10 easy things you can do to help you stress less and stay happy:
- Prepare an exercise plan alongside your study timetable or working week. That way it will be easier to stick to.
- If possible, try and keep a cue to exercise nearby (e.g. your gym bag, a yoga mat, a motivational quote, etc).
- Do activities you enjoy. There’s no point in doing something you hate, that’ll just stress you out more!
- Don’t go hungry. If you exercise, you need fuel for both your body and mind.
- Rest when you need to. If possible, take a nanna-nap to revitalise.
- Work out what time of day you have the most energy and workout then. It’s no good grinding yourself into the ground if you’re already running out of steam.
- Keep your head free of study or work-related worries while working out. Enjoy the exercise!
- Switch your phone off so your classmates or colleagues don’t interrupt your exercise time.
- If possible, take your lunch breaks outside with friends and include some kind of activity (e.g. walking, play frisbee, take a ball to kick around).
- Got a big exam or tough task to do at work? Do some exercise in the morning to get your blood pumping and more oxygen to your brain.
Want some more ideas of how you can stress less and work exercise into your weekly routine?
Remember, stress less and stay happy!