There’s no questioning the psychological and social benefits of sports for kids. Sprinting, jumping, kicking and throwing in a team environment will teach your little legend vital life skills. They’ll learn discipline, motivation, commitment, leadership, and cooperation, as well as the importance of being respectful during victory and defeat.
UQ Sport currently offers the following kids programs:
The University of Queensland,
Building 25, Union Rd,
St Lucia, Qld 4067
Our Child Safety Commitment
UQ Sport Ltd (UQSL) is committed to child safety and wellbeing of children and young people accessing our programs and services in the sporting environment. To meet this commitment, UQSL, will provide a safe, empowering and supportive service environment for children and young people through the implementation of this strategy and child protection policies and procedures.
Our employees, contractors, and volunteers will treat all children and young people with respect and understanding at all times and listen to their concerns.
We will continually improve our processes, policies and procedures to ensure we are:
- Prohibiting any form of harm and abuse against children and young people.
- Fostering a culture of safety commitment and accountability for the protection of children and young people.
- Fostering an inclusive environment where children and young people from indigenous or diverse backgrounds and those with disability can safely participate in our programs and services.
- Carefully selecting and screening employees, contractors and volunteers whose role requires them to work with children and young people.
- Continually educating our employees, contractors and volunteers on child safe behaviour and ensuring UQ Sport’s Code of Conduct for staff and standards of appropriate behaviour as outlined in this strategy and associated company policies are enforced.
- Complying with all relevant legislative requirements.
- Enforcing a robust reporting regime for documenting and investigating all incidents and complaints.
- Providing support to manage disclosures or suspicions of harm.