The UQ Sport Spring Meet Series is back in 2018 with seven events scheduled, including two popular annual competitions – the Spring School Holidays All Comers Meet and 1500m Classic.
The Series caters for school-age athletes (12 years and over) preparing for District, Regional and State championships, as well as university students gearing up for the UniSport Nationals. The Meets are also a good opportunity for open-age athletes to assess their winter training progress.
All athletes competing in Meets One to Four, and Meet Seven, must be registered with Queensland Athletics. To become a member, simply head to their website and register for $10 as a Base Member.
All Meets are sanctioned by Queensland Athletics:
- Meets One to Four are State Permit events
- Meet Five and Six are Club Permit events
- Meet Seven is a National Permit events
Please check the Queensland Athletics website for Meet classifications.
Stay tuned for more information on the 1500m Classic, including entry details and prizes.
Meet Five (School Holiday Meet 1)
Saturday 29 September REGISTER NOW
Meet Six (School Holiday Meet 2)
Saturday 6 October REGISTER NOW
Meet Seven 1500m Classic
Thursday 1 November REGISTER NOW
UQ Sport Athletics Centre
The University of Queensland
Sir William MacGregor Dr,
St Lucia, Qld 4067
How to Enter
On the day entries will only be accepted for Meet Five and Six, but we recommend to enter online to avoid a queue.
Online entries will close at 9am one or two days before the date of the meet, depending on whether it is a Saturday or Sunday Meet.
- You must enter online for Meets One, Two, Three, Four, and Seven. You must also nominate the events in which you wish to compete.
- Athletes must be members of Queensland Athletics for Meets One, Two, Three, and Four.
- When entering online for Meets Five and Six, athletes will only indicate an intent to compete, but not nominate the events in which they wish to compete.
- Late entries for the 1500m Classic will only be taken for 24 hours after closing if there is a starting position available in the relevant race.
|SPRING MEET ENTRY||PRICE|
|UQ Athletics Club Members||$12.00|
|QLD Athletics or other Athletics Australia Associations registered athletes |
(rego number must be worn, $5 for a temporary number)