The UQ Sport Winter/Spring Meet Series is an annual sequence of athletics events.
The Meet Series is open to athletes of all levels (12 years and over), as is popular among school and university-age competitors preparing for District, Regional and State-level events.
Sanctioned by Queensland Athletics, the Series features two School Holiday All Comers Meets, as well as the renowned UQ Sport 1500m Classic – an annual event that attracts some of Australia’s finest middle-distance runners.
All athletes competing must be registered with Queensland Athletics for insurance purposes. To become a member, simply head to their website and register for $12 as a Base Member.
All Meets are sanctioned by Queensland Athletics:
- Meets One to Five are State Permit events
- Meet Six and Seven are Club Permit events
- Meet Eight is a National Permit event
Please check the Queensland Athletics website for Meet classifications.
Stay tuned for more information on when our next athletics meet will take place.
UQ Sport Athletics Centre
The University of Queensland
Sir William MacGregor Dr,
St Lucia, Qld 4067
How to Enter
On the day entries will only be accepted for Meet Six and Seven, but we recommend to enter online to avoid a queue. Simply click the register now button above for your desired Meet.
Online entries will close at 9am one or two days before the date of the meet, depending on whether it is a Saturday or Sunday Meet.
Who Can Enter
The Meets are open to anyone 12 years of age and over. To be eligible to compete, athletes must have turned 12 years of age by 31 December 2020.
- You must enter online for Meets One, Two, Three, Four, and Five. You must also nominate the events in which you wish to compete.
- Athletes must be members of Queensland Athletics for Meets One, Two, Three, Four, and Five.
- When entering online for Meets Six and Seven, athletes will only indicate an intent to compete, but not nominate the events in which they wish to compete.
- Meet Eight, 1500m Classic, must be entered online. No on the day entries will be accepted.
- Late entries for the 1500m Classic will only be taken for 24 hours after closing if there is a starting position available in the relevant race.
|SPRING MEET ENTRY||PRICE|
|UQ Athletics Club Members||$12.00|
|QLD Athletics or other Athletics Australia Associations registered athletes||$15.00|