UQ Sport Engage
Results – Thanks for having a say!
In 2017, UQ Sport embarked on a strategic initiative called UQ Sport Engage to hear from students, staff, alumni and the greater community about:
- What they know about us
- How they view their relationship with us
- If our values align
- How we can best meet their needs and expectations now and into the future
The results are in and we learned a great deal from over 1,500+ people who took part in our surveys, interviews and focus groups.
We received some awesome kudos, thank you! It was great to know that you feel UQ Sport has a positive influence on the quality of life and enjoyment of being on campus.
As for the areas that could work a little better, we have listed below what’s in the pipeline including ways to deliver more affordable services, better facilities and improved communications.
- We’ve introduced Rec Sport (a weekly fun and social sport activity that is free of charge for students and a small $3 charge for the UQ Community). Plus there’s Free Outdoor Yoga at the Synthetic Fields each week so that everyone can get moving, at no charge.
- Students will score a further, $100 discount* towards 12 month memberships for the first two weeks of Semester 2 2018 – the cheapest annual membership UQ Sport has ever offered to students on campus.
- A new state-of-the-art Fitness Centre is also under planning, with specific dates to be confirmed.
- A new Recreational Precinct upgrade is also underway at the St Lucia campus. Additional netball, basketball and beach volleyball courts, not to mention an awesome kid’s playground will make the campus even livelier. And to top that: it will deliver increased access and facilities for Social Sport and Clubs.
- Conversations with the colleges are in the works, with opportunities to consider further engagement and additional benefits for students to get active.
- Opportunities for increased student participation are also on the radar in our future strategic plans, ensuring they fully align with the UQ Student Strategy.
- A new website launching later this month has been developed with our customer experience top of mind, including easy access to important alerts such as wet weather updates and more. We will continue to review and enhance our communications channels in order to meet your expectations.
Thanks once again for taking the time to give us your feedback – it’s much appreciated.
At any time, feel free to drop us a line and let us know how we’re doing.
Stay tuned as things continue to improve.
Your UQ Sport Squad
*For a limited time only, check our website for more information. T&Cs apply.