• Join our friendly and qualified Learn to Swim team
• Work in a fun team sport environment
• Afternoon & weekend shifts; Approx. 14 hours/week
• Based at UQ St Lucia
• Access UQ Sport venues for free
At UQ Sport, we are firm believers that work should not be dull and boring! Our team is passionate about creating an awesome culture that promotes work-life balance, health and wellbeing, and most importantly, fun!
We are proud to work at UQ Sport, and it shows in the exceptional work we do! Our not-for-profit organisation delivers almost 400 diverse programs to University of Queensland students, staff and alumni, as well as the general public, across UQ’s St Lucia and Gatton campuses.
We are regarded as one of Australia’s leading employers – Human Resources Director (HRD) Magazine awarded us a Bronze Medal in its 2016 ‘Employer of Choice’ Survey – and with good reason!
We offer flexible working conditions, extensive learning opportunities and a wide range of staff benefits (ones that will make your friends jealous) to our squad of more than 70 permanent staff, and over 250 casuals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
UQ Sport is looking for Deck Supervisors to join our Aquatics team based at UQ’s St Lucia campus. This is a rewarding and fun opportunity for anyone dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and passionate about helping children improve their swimming skills.
As a Deck Supervisor, you will develop and maintain trusted relationships with parents, Learn to Swim participants and instructors taking questions from parents, assisting with program set up, observing swimmers and offering assessments.
You will be a critical addition to our Aquatics team, through continuously promoting professional standards and making recommendations on the improvement of Learn to Swim program.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
• Minimum 12 months’ experience in the aquatics industry in a similar role
• AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certificate or equivalent
• First Aid and CPR certificates
• Blue Card
• Availability to work on afternoons and weekends
• You will need to be a team player, enthusiastic about delivering exceptional customer service and excel in interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER
• A friendly work environment that produces amazing teamwork
• FREE access to all UQ Sport venues
• FREE entry to group fitness programs
• Discount on a range of UQ Sport offerings
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this role will be accepted through Seek. As part of your application, you will need to submit your CV and a brief statement outlining how you meet the essential requirements. To access the Position Description, click here.
Applications close Friday, 27 September 2019. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interviews immediately.
For further information about this role or the recruitment process, please contact Chamonix Birrer or Caitlin Henderson on 07 3346 3275.